Thursday 25 April 2013

In the Spirit of a True Coalition

I have knocked on a great number of doors to offer help in the months leading to next week's local elections and yesterday evening I was delivering leaflets to some of those houses. I don't do the usual political things like kissing babies. I do stroke cats and dogs but not in any political sense, so it was surprising to get two people coming up to me and shaking my hand. They were pleased that I had made the effort to knock on their door and told me that they had never had politicians do anything like asking their view or coming to the door offering help.

When I got home I was surprised to see the leaflet on the table which was introducing my Tory candidate (the only party to put anything through my door) as I had received it months ago and it had been filed. The A5 leaflet didn't say much but it did have a photo of the candidate who wasn't the candidate when we first received it. There was also a brief personal statement. In fact the candidate had knocked on my door and handed the leaflet to my wife. Well done to the Tory candidate. I also have to praise one of her team as this person had the chance to remove one of my leaflets from a porch but didn't (I went back to check).

So in the spirit of a true coalition I send her my best wishes with the hope that she comes a magnificent second (with the proviso that I would say this to all other candidates).

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment