Tuesday 1 March 2011

A reply to a reply

I often use blog entries as the basis for articles in Focus leaflets. Today I will work the other way around and show you my email reply to a comment on Focus. You should be able to fill in the gaps and imagine the initial email. Anyway, here is my reply...

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read Focus and to respond. I am a Liberal Democrat and your involvement enriches politics. You are quite correct that tuition fees are not paid up front, but in the case of poorer students there would be no up front charge for two years. I hope that explains the difference. If you do an internet search you will see that the government is being criticised for supporting poorer families to the detriment of the middle classes. I am proud to support those who are less well off.

As for the M6 link there is only one choice, the proposed link that travels mainly west/east called the Northern route or nothing. You have to decide which camp you are in and then support that as there is no other option. You may have read about our survey that showed that when given this option the vast majority supported the link road.

The words "heap misery" may be a little strong when compared to other items currently in the news, but these words may equally apply to the traffic delays that occur between the M6 and the Morecambe and Heysham peninsula. You may be interested to read my daily political blogs. The road has featured several times and may be found at http://politicsfornovices.blogspot.com/

I am afraid we are going to have to differ on our view on human rights. It would take me a long time to explain my support and I may write a few blogs about it. As for the EU it could be the basis for a John Cleese type "what has the EU done for us" sketch. Again I have written about this several times, but pollution, crime and fishing are three things that come to mind that know no UK border. The list could go on and on. There are some who say we should keep to trade only but they forget that almost all government departments have to deal with the rest of Europe. Anyone who trades with Europe benefits from EU membership. I won't go on as it really could be a Monty Python sketch.

Thanks again for your contribution and if you would like to comment on any of my blog entries you are more than welcome.

Best wishes...

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment