Thursday 6 January 2011

Image isn't everything

Image is really important in politics. It matters how you look and how you dress. I know you can think of some ugly politicians but it does matter how you look. Don't get me wrong, as for me what people say is much more important than their image.

In 1985 I was an OU student when they won University Challenge. In their (our) team was a driver's mate, not even a driver, who won the competition almost single-handedly. He had an obvious stutter but the main thing for me was that he was a great role model. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, you can still beat the elite.

It's the same in politics. For me it doesn't matter what people look like, whether they have a stutter or whether they are a driver's mate. What they believe and what they say are much more important.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment