Thursday 30 December 2010

A happy November and December to you

I was listening to local radio yesterday and there was an interview with a council worker who put up and took down Christmas trees. It seems that all the trees for the Fylde come from Scotland. they are cut down months before Christmas and they are now being taken down. It takes months to put them up because there are so many of them.

If struck me that the trees were nothing to do with Christmas. We have some references to the actual 12 days in the Christmas song but "Christmas" for this person and for many others was totally commercial. For me the reason why the trees could not be put up in the Christmas period was because there were not enough council workers to put them up. I tend to get my tree up at the appropriate time, and I can take it down at the right time too.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment