Friday 24 December 2010

An explanation for Christopher Samba

Blackburn Rovers recently acquired new owners and one of their first actions was to sack manager Sam Allardyce. Nothing new there then. It seems that in football contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. Don't get me wrong. I don't feel sorry for the players or the managers as they earn enough to get by even if their contract is broken after a few weeks. I know there are lots of things that cause me to write blogs about football, but this time what bothers me is the attitude that contracts don't matter.

Christopher Samba, the Blackburn captain has spoken out about the sacking and now says he wants to leave. I like this bit. According to the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9317103.stm the new temporary manager, Steve Kean is going to "sit him down and tell him what the plans are." This means that Christopher could be sacked at any time if he falls out of favour with the Indian owners. How dare I suggest such a thing? Well they weren't bothered about sacking the top man so why should lesser mortals be safe?

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment