Sunday 19 September 2010

Morecambe by-election

If you have ever stood in a local election then you will know how difficult it may be to get into the papers, so well done to Darren Clifford for getting his photo into the paper last week. He is standing in a by-election in Morecambe for the local city council. Well he may have announced his candidature in the newspaper, unfortunately he failed to announce it to the local authority. Nominations closed last week and his name is not on the list.

I don't know why he isn't standing on behalf of the Labour Party. It may be simply human error and I really don't object to that. What I would like to see is all candidates getting a good and equal coverage in the paper (especially those who do manage to get their nomination papers in).

I wonder what will be said this week about the nomination failure. I also wonder how many photos and information will be printed about all the (other) candidates.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment