Monday 16 August 2010

Could you live in Kendal?

Over the years I have written many times to the local newspapers. A couple of years ago I wrote in reply to a Green Party member who had written to oppose a link road from Morecambe to the M6. He had suggested that Kendal's traffic system was terrible and they had a link road. I believe the Morecambe link is vital to the local economy and it would help anyone who wanted to travel through Lancaster from the Heysham peninsula. I wrote this and I also thanked him for reminding me that I am passing a traffic jam every time I use the Kendal bypass. He didn't reply.

I am telling you this because I went to Kendal this week (I also went to Windermere on Saturday and used that bypass) and I was speaking with someone who was stopping there for a week. He told me that he liked Kendal and had seen quite a lot in the three or four days that he had been there. He liked Kendal a lot but couldn't live there because of the traffic. The same is happening to the Heysham peninsula. Nobody will want to live here with our traffic system.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment