Wednesday 31 March 2010

How to lower tax

On the 18th June last year I wrote about the speed limit on Broadway in Morecambe. The local Liberal Democrats conducted a survey around this area and came to the result that the limit should be lowered from 40 to 30mph. We passed on this result and the reasons for it to the relevant authorities. We were also well aware that local residents did exactly the same thing.

I noticed a sign on a lamppost yesterday on Broadway. It tells me that there are moves to change the speed limit and any messages of support or protest may be sent in for consideration. No reason has been given for the change and no county councillor has informed the residents of their opinion.

I was walking the dog around 9pm when I noticed the sign and apart from that I also saw at least six cars excessively exceeding the speed limit. I don't suppose that I am on my own in noticing such things. If these drivers don't change their habits then I suppose that if caught, their sentence would increase. What we need is the will to stop speeding. It is easy to catch the drivers as we do it all the time. I really don't think it would take long for most people to lose their licence. An alternative would be to fine them and tax could be lowered.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment