Sunday 21 March 2010

Amending political posters

I have written about political posters in earlier blogs. This means that I can write about them in my politics as well as my photography blog. There is so little content in them that they are ripe for parody and that was the title that I gave to them previously.

Here I am showing you the original photograph on the left. The only thing I did to change it to the photo on the right is to fit it into a 6"x 4" format. It didn't really matter about the cropping here because I am not going to print it, but look what happens to the image. It has been distorted and the model (sorry genuine voter) becomes slimmer. This manipulation is exaggerated. It doesn't look right, but you can see how slight variations may not be noticeable.

Over the next few blogs I am going to show you how to change the words. If you have any suggestions for new reasons to vote Tory then let me know and your words may be seen in the near future.

Change the world

2 comments:

  1. Didn't they break the society in the first place? It was under the conservatives that Morecambe was flooded by jobless in the bed and breakfast places wasn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sea. I'll take that as a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete