Tuesday 26 January 2010

Why write blogs?

Last Wednesday I received a comment about my motivation for writing blogs. I replied that I like to give my opinion on anything and everything and I also like to receive kind comments. I am definitely a carrot rather than a stick person. However there are some people who like to write negative comments and some like to tell me what I should be writing. I don't reply by telling them that they shouldn't be telling me how I should write my blog.

Sometimes I am told that I should justify particular comments. I don't complain. I don't tell them that I don't need justification for any of my opinions. I feel that there is nothing wrong with anecdotes or opinions although I try give sound reasons as the basis for my views. However anecdotes often make good stories.

I also like to use the basis of a joke as a 'truth' that I can build on. If I ever gave a "none of your business" reply then I would be falling into the trap of giving the sort of reply that I am objecting to. I would be telling others what they can and can't do.

I try to reason with commentators even those who are anonymous. I do prefer to deal with real people as I like to give personal replies and giving a real name may lead to more thoughtful comments. However, whether you wish to remain anonymous or not, do feel free to comment.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment