Thursday 5 November 2009

Some thoughts on driving yesterday

I went to my son's graduation yesterday. I drove from Morecambe to Chester (see my photography blog) and it really rained hard while I was driving. If I hadn't been driving I could have taken a photo of the sign that said "take extra care at roadworks". You would have seen that it was quite hard to see this sign because of the heavy rain. It wasn't the best time to drive and this roadsign was definitely a further distraction. It could easily have read "take extra care when reading signs".

I also saw a minor crash in the centre of Chester. One driver decided to stop in the middle of a busy road and allow pedestrians to cross. It was hit from behind. Now I know that you always have to drive with care and be aware that cars may stop in front of you. If there is a collision it is always the fault of the car at the back, but I couldn't help thinking that the first car shouldn't have stopped.

There was no problem travelling back in the afternoon but traffic was heavy in the morning and we were delayed by congestion and an accident. We still managed to get to Chester on time. the heavy rain in the aftenoon didn't slow traffic down too much either and traffic was hardly delayed even with the accident in Chester. It doesn't seem to matter where I go, the traffic is heaviest between Morecambe and Lancaster.

Change the world.

2 comments:

  1. "It wasn't the best time to drive"
    Perhaps you might have considered the train.....

    "If there is a collision it is always the fault of the car at the back, but I couldn't help thinking that the first car shouldn't have stopped."

    Suppose a child had run out into the road. Any driver should ALWAYS be prepared to have to stop in an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments anonymous. It wasn't the best weather to take the train. Did you read about the cost of travelling by train from one end of the country to the other? Apart from the high cost or the fares we would have had to add on two nights stay for four people. It just wasn't an option.

    I agree toatlly with the child comment and that was the basis of the initial blog.

    It's nice to get comments so keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete